- Taught Course - determined by CGPA.
- Mixed Mode - determined by CGPA and research grade.
- Research - determined by research grade.
The academic standing for each semester including short semester for Taught Course programs is determined by GPA as listed in the Table below:
|Academic Standing||Taught Course||Research Grade||Condition to Proceed with the Study||Award of the Degree|
|Good Pass (KB)||CGPA ≥ 3.00||Satisfactory (MM)||Qualified||Qualified|
|Conditional Pass (KS)||2.67 ≤ CGPA < 3.00||Unsatisfactory (TM)||Qualified||Not Qualified|
|Fail (KG)||CGPA < 2.67||Fail (GG)||Study Terminated||Not Qualified|
Apart from grades in the table, the following subject grades apply for certain courses:
- HL/HG: Attendance Pass/ Attendance Fail for subjects with the status of Compulsory Attendance (HW).
- TD: Withdraw from a registered course
- MM/TM/GG: Satisfactory (MM) / Unsatisfactory (TM) / Fail (GG) grade for a research course.
Non Completion (TS) Grade:
- Based on reasons acceptable to the University, TS status is awarded as the final assessment for an incomplete course.
- A student who has obtained TS status for any course is required to sit for a Special Assessment within a prescribed period of time.