Siti Rokiah Siwok
1) Helping Families of Children with Hearing Loss in Malaysia
2) Helping Young Deaf Adults Live to their Utmost Potential
Among them are:
- Regional Conference on Special Needs Education (UM K.K ), 20th to 22nd July 2009, “Families’ Experience of Children with Hearing Loss”
- International Conference on Human Resource Development (ICHRD 2011) , 22nd-23rd June 2011, Johore Bahru, Johore
- 2nd Annual Asia-Pacific conference on Computer-Aided Qualitative, 24-25th February 2011, Macau; paper entitled “Accelerating the Research Process by the use of ATLAS.ti”
- The 2nd Malaysia-Indonesian International Counselling Conference, Padang, Indonesia, 14-16 th November 2012. Paper entitled “Counselling Parents of Children with Hearing Loss: What Counsellors Need to Know”
1) ATLAS.ti software Introductory training
2) Public speaking coaching
3) Family counselling (registered counsellor with Malaysian Counsellor Board)
My other interest is qualitative research, especially grounded theory and phenomenolgy. I love to understand how people make sense of their lives.
My dream holiday is to travel all over Malaysia in my car, stopping where and when I want to. In my travel, I would like to find out how deaf people in Malaysia are faring.